Telecom News | Latest Telecom Industry News, Information and Update: ET Telecom : ET Telecom
- #ET5GCongress: Telcos globally exploring 5G monetisation through consumer focused services: Ericsson APAC CTO March 23, 2023With more use cases, and offloading of data traffic from 4G networks to 5G networks, more spectrum for fifth-generation networks will need to be opened up. “India has done right by allowing for more frequency bands for 5G,” he said.
- 'Cisco working with telcos on private 5G as a service model' March 22, 2023“The uptake of 5G private networks will be based on use cases. You need to have a use case which will determine an enterprise to have a spectrum, build the network and be able to monetise that,” said Bhaskar.
- Finolex Cables expects Rs 11,000 cr revenue by 2028 March 22, 2023The Pune-headquartered company made around Rs 200 crore, or about 5 per cent of its top line last fiscal from these segments. It also expects to more than double its turnover to Rs 11,000 crore by that time, which is likely to sniff at Rs 5,000 crore this fiscal going by the first nine months' […]
- Cisco bullish about private 5G network market March 21, 2023"For years, we have been working with Jio, Airtel, Vodafone Idea and BSNL for their generational transitions," the executive said, adding that the new technology is different from previous generations since it offers high throughput and low latency, and is useful for the enterprise sector.
- Manoj Tandon assumes charge as Director of Projects, Operation and Maintenance at RailTel March 21, 2023Prior to this, Tandon was shouldering the responsibilities of the Group General Manager and Operations and heading the retail broadband business of RailTel.
Telecom News | Latest Telecom Industry News, Information and Update: ET Telecom : ETTelecom.com
- Jio announces pre-paid plans for IPL March 23, 2023“We understand the excitement around the cricket season in India, and thus have designed these exclusive plans and offers to ensure that our customers can enjoy the matches to the fullest without any hassle,” a Jio spokesperson said.
- #ET5GCongress: Telcos can simplify private 5G deployments for enterprises, says Jio’s Prateek Pashine March 23, 2023“...all the private network benefits that you look for can be realised through network slicing, edge compute, and in a standalone 5G network that we rolled out,” Pashine said, adding that enterprises should not get into the complexities of rolling out 5G network by themselves.
- #ET5GCongress: Airtel 5G to cover entire urban India by September 2023: Vittal March 23, 2023Talking about the 5G rollout by Indian telcos –Jio and Airtel—Vittal said the pace and magnitude of the rollout at this scale has not seen anywhere else in the world. “And I speak to all of the equipment providers, and they are staggered at the pace the entire industry is moving forward on the rollout […]
- #ET5GCongress: Govt aiming to bring affordable 5G services to all: Devusinh Chauhan March 23, 2023He added that while India is making leaps of progress with 5G rollout and applications, the goal is that the country takes a leadership stance when it comes to 6G services and technology.
- #ET5GCongress: 5G FWA a huge opportunity in India as fixed broadband penetration is low: GSMA’s Peter Jarich March 23, 2023“5G globally has had the fastest uptake of any mobile broadband technology. We hit a billion connections. We've seen huge successes in markets like the US, parts of China, Thailand, and others. Markets like Brazil, Turkey, and India, will see a huge uptake in the second phase of 5G,” said Jarich.
Telecom News | Latest Telecom Industry News, Information and Update: ET Telecom
- European telcos cash in on tower assets as high-cost 5G investment looms March 3, 2021European telecoms firms are cashing in on the money-making power of masts, as tower companies line up to pay multi-billion dollar price tags for antennas buzzing with ever more data ahead of the advent of 5G.
- Telangana's tower density higher than national average January 6, 2021Telangana's tower density is 0.71 per thousand population against the national average of 0.42 per cent, Chief Secretary Somesh Kumar said on Wednesday while presiding over the second meeting of the State Broadband Committee.
- Reliance Jio's $8B bn tower deal with Brookfield awaits nod from DoT, MHA April 22, 2020Nine months after Reliance Jio entered into an agreement with Brookfield to sell its mobile network towers, the largest FDI in Indian infrastructure has not yet received all regulatory approvals, said people aware of the matter.
- '16 of 37 states aligned with DoT's infra roll out rules' February 8, 2020Only 16 out of the 37 states/Union Territories in India have aligned with the RoW (Right of Way) Rules, 2016, issued by the Department of Telecom, even after four years, which is jeopardising the rolling out of telecom infrastructure including the towers, laying fibre cable in those states which ultimately affects the call quality, increases […]
- DoT asks Karnataka government to revise state telecom infrastructure policy July 8, 2019DoT has taken this step when Karnataka government, in it's new policy took a different approach despite the TAIPA's (Tower and infrastructure Providers Association) submissions on draft policy.